Friday, January 1, 2010

Prayer Shawls


I got a phone call about dedicating prayer shawls on this Sun.already.I have 3 made.I hope I don`t have to talk on stage when we have them prayed over.I will just say that I prayed alot over the cranberry varigated shawls as I had so much trouble with the yarn!! It is JoAnn`s brand,Sensations,it is a very lightweight yarn,they tell you to use 2 strands to make a throw,but the way the yarn is wrapped on the ball you cannot pull it out the usual way,I can`t imagine using 2 strands the way just one strand tangled,it was very discouraging,but I liked the color & the weight of the shawl would be nice for a tiny elderly person.The brightly colored one I would pray for a teen or child,teens go through so many stressful things these days ,I wish someone would have made me a prayer shawl growing up,things may have turned out differantly for me .
They are not dedicating them at the service I usually attend,so I guess I`ll be in church awhile this Sun.I attend the later service.I`m so hooked on the music at that service.I felt angels all around us when we sang,sweep me away,by Chris Tomlin.It was so hauntingly beauiful,the voices echoed all around.You tube has the song if you wish to hear it.I ordered a cd as my computer speakers are not working right now.A certain 7 year old messed with them...

2 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely thing to make! I think it's neat that you have made these prayer shawls to share with others. What a special gift, Phyliss! :-)

I dropped by to wish you a Very Happy New Year! Hope it is one that is filled with blessings abundant!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

How wonderful of you to make the lovely prayer shawl. Someone is going to be physically and spiritually blessed by your kindness.

Our church dedicates prayer shawls, too. I haven't crocheted in years, but I think I need to start again. you are an inspiration.

Happy New Year.