Sunday, November 28, 2010

Friends Pets

After church today,we went to our friends house to visit & to see their pets. Doug & Tina have deer as pets,chickens,pheasents,3 dogs,a cat,an Afican Grey parrot...probably more I missed.I have posted pictures of them before on this blog when the does were fawns.
Their big buck,Captain, had broken through the fence to get to the doe in heat & they had to dart him & move him back to his side of the fence recently.Captain got his horns cut off too.He looks funny,as if he doesn`t know that they are gone yet.He is frightening,he must weigh 250,he is 7 years old.He pawed at the ground & snorted,showing his dislike of our presence there.I have the pictures of his horns on my sony bloggie,but cannot seem to get them off & onto the computer.I have been really frustrated with it lately.
The other buck is not as old yet,& hasn`t been so dangerous that he had to have his horns removed,yet.If I can get the photos removed from bloggie,I will show you how thick Captain`s horns are .

2 comments:

V.L. Locey said...

Very cool!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Dang, she's got a whole zoo there doesn't she??? Your pics were just great...especially of the deer.

From the beautiful hills and hollers of the MIssouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!