Sunday, August 21, 2011

Angora bunnies get clipped

Well,I got 2 out of 3 rabbits sheared today.The baby may be too little yet,at any rate,I didn`t do Dori.It was my first time clipping Ginger.I clipped her some around the eyes & underneath when I first got her.I will remember next time that she has a flap of skin at her ears on her back that I need to watch next time.I didn`t make her bleed,but I knicked her hide there.It took me 3 hours to do them,& I didn`t get Ginger finished underneath.Her urine smells strong & it lingers on her fur so I doused her bottom with peroxide like Sherry told me to do & it fizzes up some then I rinsed her good.She tolerated it well.But I need to do a little more clipping on her.Cloud I didn`t knick at all,thank God.
Cloud I got completely done,he looks totally different now.He let me know he was done with it all when he picked up the red slicker brush & winged it off the table.He has such a personality.I would dearly love to have him running through the house,at least part of it,but the first time I gave him freedom like that he promptly bit through the phone cord.I knew rabbits DO that,but I had the insane thought that MY guy wouldn`t do that...
I`m finding it hard to photograph him being as white as he is.I did some contrasting on my microsoft,picture-it program,so maybe it`s a little better to see.Next time I`ll try using colored blankets or something around him so he doesn`t glare.Hopefully I can get some better pictures of them tomorrow.I thought my back was going to give out,but Ginger I found likes to be clipped when I`m sitting down with her in my lap.It sure does make it easier.

3 comments:

LEADTOCHINA said...

keep such a pet must be quite interesting, it is almost a ball when its hair not been cut.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Yes,the bunny looks completely different sheared,phyllis

Little Wren said...

Isn't it amazing that animals so small can take so long to shear? My fawn colored angora actually sheds a bit due to some French angora in her bloodline way back but the other 3 are THICK and bountiful at shearing time. I'm grateful but need a back brace almost by the time I'm done. You're bunnies look happier naked in this heat. LOL!