Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Red Shouldered Hawk

carolina wren inside the birdfeeder dark eyed junco
My ID of the hawk was wrong in my last post,the bird is a red shouldered hawk.I`m still looking at nests.I`m not sure when they pair up to nest.That means the other labeled coopers hawk in years past is probably a red shouldered hawk too.
red shouldered hawk
The tufted titmouse was looking & checking out the bluebird box,am praying all I get is bluebirds in it.
tufted titmouse
I go out to put more birdseed in hoping to rescue the wren,put he figured out how to get out on his own.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Wonderful photos! Bird watching is so rewarding. Do you keep track of the bird sitings in a notebook? I read that some people keep a lifetime journal of the birds that they see. I thought that was a cool idea.
Enjoy your day,
Judy

Debra said...

Always love your bird photos!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great photos of the hawk! I have one on my post today as well, and I love taking their pictures! I also loved seeing birds checking out the spring real-estate!

Joyful said...

Beautiful captures! I'm afraid I don't see a variety of birds in the city where I live. I put out bird seed for them and mostly get sparrows, robins and finches. The crows also try to take away the food.