Wednesday, September 18, 2013

No Livestock

The previous post was about an outing that I went with my friend,Cathleen,& her little boy.She was kind enough to invite me along for the free entertainment that sometimes  livestock provide,just to get me out of the house some.I did not buy any goats or chickens.The only pictures I was able to get that day was that of the goats.It was a shame because some of those roosters were really pretty.After I had to sell my own goats,was it last year? I`ve decided to go with smaller animals,like the bunnies,hahah...we have the land,just unable to care for any big farm animals right now.

4 comments:

Joyful said...

Those angora bunnies are sure cute. Do you use their hair for wool? Can one even do that?

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

yes,I cut their wool off with hand sicsores-can`t spell-,mix it with wool to spin for yarn.I will be trimming them soon,I`ll post before & after pictures.You would not believe how soft their wool is.They need to be clipped every 90 days,& mine are overdo again,phyllis

Joyful said...

I love angora wool as it is so soft and fluffy but i didn't know where it came from. I'll look forward to seeing your photos of the yarn.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Mohair comes from angora GOATS,some people get confused,I was at first,angora fiber comes from angora rabbits.If I knew your address,I will spin you some,phyllis