Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wild Bird Wed.

Linking up with Stewart here 
http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

These pictures are from 2013. The brown thrashers have nested here for many, many years. Last year they arrived exactly the same time as usual at my feeder, in April, however, no babies, no signs of what happened other than the fact the black rat snake made his /her rounds about the trees & bushes & perhaps he ate their babies as they laid eggs as soon as they arrived & made the nest.   Sadly, last year in May is when I lost my husband too. This year...no brown thrashers at all, not nesting close to the feeder anyhow. The snake was here-earlier at the end of May-but there was a nest of coopers hawks & I pray they feasted on the snakes as I have not seen a snake since ...may the circle of life return here again. There are almost no catbirds, don`t see any robins around, the usual cardinals & chickadees weren`t wiped out, thank you dear Lord... so sharing the last time I had the brown thrashers feeding their little ones in June of 2013.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Oh my, these are adorable photos. I love the Brown Thrashers, they are cool birds. Enjoy your day!

JoJo said...

I love your bird pics. I have a friend on FB you should send a request to. She is an avid bird photographer. You would love her pics. Her name is Joanne Muis Redwood and she lives in Canada.

A Colorful World said...

I'm sorry they haven't come back again this year. You got some great photos in 2013!

Rohrerbot said...

Amazing!!!! That is so cool. Brown Thrashers can be tricky birds. I would love to have these guys around my feeders:) We have Curve-billed Thrashers that do that over here:)

Stewart M said...

Great pictures - clearly this is not a bird I have seen very often, but on the day I did I thought that they were great.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Adam Jones said...

The Thrashers are great looking birds.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Your photos are beautiful. My puppy gets nervous when the birds fly over her. She's a dork.

EG CameraGirl said...

I would LOVE to have a Brown Thrasher family in my yard. I have seen them only in wilderness area.