Sunday, September 27, 2015

More evenning grosbeak pictures

There seems to be just a single grosbeak. The baby is still here & did go up to my neighbor`s feeder for which I was thankful for. My elderly neighbor
 had not seen one for years.
Under the wings is bright red, I think he will eventually become a rose-breasted evening grosbeak.
Editing this post for wild bird Wed. Link up with Stewart at this linkhttp://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/
eyeing my other feeder
note the red feathers under his wings
blurry but wanted to show the under wings of red


7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Phyllis, great shots of the Grosbeaks. I think some with the rosy colored breast are actually the juvenile Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

JoJo said...

Great pics Phyllis!

Stewart M said...

That is a fine beak - but it may be a bit mean to say its gross!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Hahahaha, gross, that is funny! Thanks everyone for the comments, I believe he may have moved on already,phyllis

Debra said...

Lovely photos-the rose-breasted are some of my favorite birds. They are quite friendly, and always announce their presence by little squeaky chirps.

Anonymous said...

sweet!

Latane Barton said...

How cute is that! and I can see a tad of red on it's chest.