Thursday, October 27, 2016

When pets are sick

let me see here,I think I can figure out how to open this...
I feel like it has been forever since I have blogged.I changed some pictures on my sidebars,I put Rich & my wedding picture up cutting the cake at my parents,I was 3 months pregnant with Richie then.So long ago... 

Some of the cats I had on there I rehomed.One cat my son had I have now,Blaze,he is now here with me.His picture is not on there.I had him rehomed,but he was brought back because the guy said he wouldn`t socialize with him & his daughter & after 3 days he still wasn`t eating.When he brought Blaze in,he went right for Simon the collie & Simon loved on him & he rubbed back & forth on him.I was stunned,didn`t even know that those 2 have a bond. I guess it is because Blaze is out more than in . I do not like cats outdoors,but he & my mom`s cat I inherited,Pumpkin, want out more than in so I gave up.Occasionally they bring gifts of mice & moles & chipmunks,I think they like to watch me scream in horror at a headless chipmunk.Sneaky creatures those cats.

I also have 6 bunnies now.I am hoping to find homes for them.Between them & my parrots my days are tied up cleaning them.

In June my Simon became very ill.His blood sugar was plummenting down to the 30`s & once in the 20`s.My vet put him in the hospital for 2 days,then we kept following up & we now believe he has Addisons Disease.He is staying stable on a steriod every other day.
 A couple of months later,it was Simba`s,the cat`s, turn to be sick.I knew right away what was wrong with him,a kidney blockage. He has been hospitalized twice,then just back again this week to the vets blocked again. This time the vet couldn`t believe what he pulled out of him,it was hanging out & when he pulled it,it was 3 inches long,a mucous plug.I have to take him back in Nov. to be rechecked as they saw something in his bladder that they want rechecked again. Needless to say, I could have bought a small used car with all the money tied up in my family,haha.


Simba
Sonya,the german shep pup ,became too much for me at one point this summer when she was outside she ate mud,yes,mud,& vomited mud all night long so I begged my son to take her.She lived with him awhile,then she came back with me when she stressed HIM out too much.Yesterday I had her spaded & microchipped so she is done now & I hope to work with her one on one until she listens.She really has a mind of her own & already weighs over 60 lbs at 6 months.She will be good for me to have as she grows older because living where I do she is quite the scarey looking dog . 

Not funny,I can see you in there
The chickens & duck are growing & I found out I have 2 roosters. So far it has been ok,no fighting.One rooster keeps getting on a hen.They have not started laying eggs yet.I hope they will be unfertilized eggs! My son has their run almost done & then I will place the nest boxes in.Sally will lay eggs too but at what age I am not sure.

The pictures didn`t go on in order,but hope you got a chuckle anyhow...editing post for Sat`s critters at this link  
http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/
Hello,anyone home?





Sonya

17 comments:

JoJo said...

Sagan used to get into stuff all the time when he was a puppy too. I got him at 9 months old. Sorry you've been having so many vet bills and issues. I love animals but from a budget point of view, I can't afford it.

Debra said...

Loved your pictures Phylisso-hope you have good luck with that beautiful dog-love his ears!!!

Jeanne said...

Such an amazing animal family you have

carol l mckenna said...

You certainly have your hands full ~ beautiful dogs and cats and more ~ sweet photos ~ thanks, take good care of you too ~ Adorable little girl photos too!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ~ ^_^

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we do not like seeing our furbabies sick. I hope everyone is well now. I love the sweet Simon and Sonya. They are both beautiful dogs. Wonderful critter photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your Saturday and the weekend!

Rajesh said...

Very cute pictures of your pets.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you took time off from blogging - pets are like kids, when they're sick you take care of them! Gladthey're doing better now!

Tom said...

Simon sure is handsome.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my goodness, no wonder you didn't have time to blog.... here is wishing all your pets continued good health. They are all so sweet.

NatureFootstep said...

hope they get well.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

no wonder there was no blogging time :( You sure had your hands full.

Kristin_Texas said...

It really is difficult and so stressful when the furbabies are ill. If only there wasn't a language barrier, how simpler things would be!

I love that name by the way. "Pumpkin." That is too adorable.

Bob Bushell said...

Oh, you have had a terrible time, animals are the best, but, something goes wrong.

Nancy Chan said...

I enjoyed your sharing about your pets. I like the lovable dog trying to get into the house and the beautiful collie dog. Looks like your hands are full looking after all the pets. Have a beautiful day!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

There are places in Heaven with your name on it! So many critters, so much love.

Ohmydearests said...

Yes, they must keep you busy! Your dogs are so gorgeous! Have a beautiful week! Hope they all stay healthy!

GreenComotion said...

Taking good care of animals takes a lot of patience and time. Sonya is beautiful.
Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)