Sunday, April 16, 2017

Bluebirds!

I have waited for YEARS to coax bluebirds to nest here. They are finally nesting,not in the new boxes I put up facing east, but the older one at the garden. I am so pleased. Yesterday while listening to a radio station that plays Little Feat music for 4 hours straight without interuption, it can be found on your computer, Deep Jams Radio on Sat.`s 12-4pm eastern time, I cleaned & watched the bluebirds gather nesting material. Today after leaving Easter dinner, I made my way to walmart to buy mealworm cakes & more birdseed. I bet I was the only one not looking for rollback candy!
The female,not so bright in color trying to get a drink.I went down & filled all the water dishes

6 comments:

JoJo said...

Such beautiful birds! I've never seen one except in pictures!

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I would see them but only fleeting...phyllis

Collie222 said...

I've never seen one, only blue jays, which are lovely even if they don't have a pretty song.

eileeninmd said...

Yay for the bluebirds. They are so pretty! Great captures. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Anonymous said...

I know how happy you are to see them, this is the first year they've visited our feeder. (We've been feeding birds since 2008).

Debra said...

We see them a lot here-but not nesting in our yard...They always brighten a mid-winter day, just to hear them!
Love you...