Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Goblin Princess

I started a pattern by Patti Medaris Culea last year & never finished it,mainly because I ordered the wrong fabric & didn`t like the fabric I chose,which was a flesh color,supposedly,but to me it was too pink.I played with the goblin though,& had LOADS of fun making him,even tho it hurt my arthitic hands.I LOVE working with clay.The goblin is made with a styrofoam egg shape,put paperclay over it & form your head.Then I went out in the yard & gathered up a nice stick & stuck it in the head after the head was dry,then covered the stick in paperclay too.Now I guess I`ll drag out some sort of fabric for the princess,Patti calls for silk but I don`t have that in my stash so I`ll find something.It also calls for you to make an armature.I have never made an armature,I bought the wire needed- so I`m a little afraid of how that will turn out,but if I don`t try it,I`ll never know!The dress is made from old doilys,which I had bought some vintage linens from a woman on ebay & doilys were in the box lot.





1 comment:

Aleta said...

Oh, THERE it is!! :)
I've never used clay before but I see lots of patterns for it and you've inspired me to give it a try!