Sunday, June 8, 2008

Heat






The heat here is extreme.I`m wondering if I should even bother getting out the goats to graze,they have been lying down shortly after I get them out.I`m still expecting extreme winds or storms as the robins I`ve noticed have been building nests & having babies in tangled honeysuckle vines & thick,dense rose bushes.I wonder if they know something we don`t.
Here is my Elvis making his "nest"under a newspaper.He makes a tent & naps under it.I believe he is too old now to rest himself sleeping on the perch.
Here are some "spikes" growing on the leaves of these trees.Now I should know what they are but can`t think of it,guess I will hunt down the knowledge.
Here are some pics of the flowers blooming.They are getting hit by the heat & won`t last long.
A white-breasted nuthatch who only comes to the feeder in the late afternoon.

1 comment:

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Elvis is too cute. You are probably right. Animals amaze me. They say cows, etc. sense earthquakes long before they hit.