Friday, September 26, 2008

Ringo

I`ve always felt that I understand all of my animals completely,know what`s going on with them in their minds & so forth,I`m in tune with them,more than with some people I know.However yesterday when we were shearing,I placed my face to Hendrix`s face way I always do,& did with his brother,Jimi & Blackie,& whispered to them & let them breathe their goat breath on mine.It seems to calm us all.I am not strong enough to hold them on their rumps or hold the heavy shearers,so this is my method,seems to work but for Ringo.
Now yesterday I found it very interesting that I had so much trouble with Ringo again & my DH said to me,he doesn`t like you holding his head.I let go & guess what,he was fine...at least for awhile.But Rich has never been much in tune with them,he is not an animal lover as I am,not as much anyhow,but he was right!Ringo will eat from your hands,follow you through the yard,but doesn`t like to be loved & my dh picked up on that .I forgot.Bless his heart.I was thinking Ringo hated me.I was praying for the holy spirit to go inside this animal & calm him while we worked.It worked for awhile till I was distracted & he tried to climb up over my chest.Ouch....

2 comments:

Debra said...

He's a beautiful goat. I love angora-it feels luxurious.
I think it's great you pray for your animals...
Debra

Aleta said...

Bless his heart, he doesn't like his head held. Animals have different likes & dislikes, just like people, and distinct personalities. I'm glad Rich was able to figure that out. My hubby often tells me things that the cat wants or dislikes or whatever, and he's not a real fan of cats, although he loves all animals.