Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wool


The sheep`s wool I ordered from Tammy at Fairlight Farms arrived yesterday.The dogs approved of the smell.I love the smell too,though my dh thinks I`m nuts.I love to run my fingers thru raw fleece.I started washing the gray as I need it,but the earthy colors of brown are enticing me too! I will add some wool to the mohair from the goats to aid in holding the fibers together nicely,giving my work some substance.I will still make some all mohair shawls as I love those lacy light shawls.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Tammy said...

Hi Phyllis,
Glad to hear it arrived safely! Would love to see pictures and hear about what you create with it. My dogs and cats are crazy about the wool smells too. Ashley (the collie) can't be trusted with it, and will shred it all over the place!
Thanks again and take care,
Tammy

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I have to put it up too so the dogs don`t get it when I`m not around.They love to try to eat it.phylliso