Thursday, July 1, 2010

Giant Silk Moth




I am not one of those people who can ID a moth then rattle off it`s name.I go looking it up,announce what it is & when I saw it & photographed it,then if someone should ask,I have to come back to this blog to see what the heck it was.
This moth emerged on June 4th.I`m just getting around to posting his pic.He was on the side of our block garage.As an adult,these moths only live for a week or less.So,I go looking for his purpose in life.Why did God place him here? Well,some of these moths do make silk,but I really can`t find any other purpose.He is an antheraea polyphemus moth.

3 comments:

Baggaraggs: said...

Phyllis. God sent you that mothe to remind you that LIFE is full of Mystery.And Beauty.And Wonder.And Sacred Moments. Thanks for Helping me to rember this too by taking this beautiful Photogragh of something so spectacular, and unusual. Hoping that you are well and enjoying a lovely summer. Robin

Debra said...

I agree with Baggss. These lovely creatures defy the stupid theory of evolution. Lightning bugs do too. And the fact that flowers each have their own scent. None of that stuff could have happened as a result of millions of years, chance, or a big bang. I am in awe of God's hand in the beauty of nature.

Beautiful pictures. I love the singing wren picture, and I'm so glad Simba is well!
Love, Debra

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

You are both right.I need to stop thinking of why & just enjoy again.Thank-you for reminding me of that.phylliso