Friday, June 10, 2011

The Mannings Annual Handspinning open house tomorrow,June 11

If you are in the East Berlin ,Pa area tomorrow,there is going to be alot  of spinning with different fibers going on at the Mannings,spinning flax,showing felting & dyeing & carding fiber,angora goats & rabbits-I hope-& it is all outside in a big field at the creek at the handspinning school on possom hollow road,I believe it is called.There will be a sheep shearing too.I haven`t been there for 2 years,here are some pictures of the one I attended in June 2008.Little did I know then that I would own a rabbit like this being sheared by Susan.There is a church that brings the best food you can buy too,if they don`t run out as it`s very yummy.I hope to go tomorrow.

5 comments:

Baggaraggs: said...

Phyllis, I so wish I was in East Berlin to go to the spinning show. I hope you Have a lovely time. Hugs, Robin

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

It is beginning to cloud up here,I hope it is not going to rain for the open house,hugs to you too Robin,phyllis

Little Wren said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun!!!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I hope you've had an enjoyable day!!! :-))

God's Little People said...

Oh how I wish I could attend an event like that - so exciting. Found three huge bags of discarded sheep wool the other day at a local dumpster (a farmer must just have cut his sheep) and my fingers were itching to do something with the beautiful wool. Unfortunately I've got no idea how to treat it - but what a gorgeous nature product.
P.S. Congrats on your son!!