Sunday, May 6, 2012

Old Stuff

Mom & Dad kept everything,I guess that is why my brother & I keep everything & have a hard time giving up our stuff.Our homes are cluttered,but we seem to be able to put our finger on just what we need when we need it,whether it be a piece of paper saved as a receipt,or a utensil we don`t always use...
I was cleaning some things out of mom`s house yesterday.We need to get her "estate" ready & have a lawyer now to help us,which I`m glad that we did.There`s just so many things a person needs to know when someone dies,& things have to move so quickly because you save so much on inherent taxes if it`s done in 90 days,which is coming up faster than we can think,June the 11th.
These are a few things I found that mom kept,of course,I had to have her rolling pin,which I will use,& sifter,I will display some things in my primitive kitchen.But,do you remember these ice packs?My father froze these metal cans in the freezer overnight & packed his lunch & carried them every day.Mom didn`t use them anymore,but hung onto them,just in case....

1 comment:

Debra said...

Funny! Never saw those before. They will look cool displayed somewhere.