Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wild Bird Wed.

In for a landing,hummingbirds are everywhere,I have 1 male who aggressively chases the others away,guarding various feeders I have out.These must be his babies that he`s running off,he does this every year,once they`ve fledged,he wants them gone.
The brown thrashers have been enjoying the red magnolia tree seeds/cones,& summer seems to be closing to an end too fast for me.I love to sleep with the windows flung wide & all the night sounds wooing me to sleep.
This is my entry for wild bird Wed.,the thrashers & hummers,go place your outdoor sights at the link,it has changed in the past couple of months,http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Beautiful shots!

Stewart M said...

Hi there - I am aways amazed that people get humming birds in their gardens! Such a great bird.

The pictures taken on the boat have benefited from a bit of straightening and cropping! Some were not straight at all when I took them and many ended up in the recycle bin!

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Thanks,Mama Zen!
We do what we have to do to make our photos presentable,loving the birds that are hard to capture on camera.I plant lots of bee balm,there is wild honeysuckle here,& the jewelweed,which is an invasive weed with orange flowers-I let them grow & clean them out after the season is over because the hummingbirds & insects love them so much.