Friday, March 29, 2013

Patches

Yesterday I was presented with the hearts in the trees.Well,as you may remember,I took in Patches last year when she was roaming the streets of Fayetteville.The vet told me she has a significant heart murmur,murmurs in every chamber of her heart.She told me that if I had no attachments to her,& she didn`t get along with the other cats,I should just have her put down.Well,I couldn`t.Something in those big green eyes,the way she purred when you stroked her,a ragged purr,a "barely can I get it out", purr.She would bump heads with me in the am when I gave her some wet cat food,meeting me at the door for it.
She stayed in the birds/rabbits room,claiming it as hers,where she privately spent nights by herself,or with Mr.Curley Eared.He was the only cat who really like being with her.
This morning when I went to go give her what was left of the wet food{I divy it out between all 9 cats,& they only get it in the am} I was surprised when she didn`t meet me.She was curled up,still asleep.When I went to pet her,she was stiff.She had died in her sleep,I assume it was her heart.
Mr.Curley Eared has been very vocal at how sad he is.I took her to the garden,buried her beside my Buster,the bunny ,whom I lost earlier this month.March has been a rough month for me.I don`t know if I got either grave dug deep enough,I will top it off with mulch & stones in April.
My husband,at 5pm,still lies fast asleep.I feel God`s presence,this is where I`m to be,but it is so very hard sometimes.Especially when you have to bury your pets.

6 comments:

Joyful said...

It is sad to lose a pet. At least you have a yard/garden to bury them. When my cat was sick she had to be taken to the vet to be put down. I couldn't keep her at home with no place to bury her. Hugs to you and thanks for leaving a sweet comment at my blog. xx

Debra said...

Oh Dear Friend...
I am sorry-she was very beautiful-and it was so good of you to take her in, and love her...
Funny-just this morning, before I read your post today, I was thinking about when our pets die, and remembering someone who gruffly told our son when he was little that animals do NOT go to heaven. That has always bothered me-for a lot of reasons-first-I don't believe it, and second-he had absolutely no love for my son-just wanted to force his own opinion and how much he thought he was right. And then I think about where it says- "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither has it been thought of, what God has prepared for us in heaven."
Sooooooo...I DO believe animals are in heaven, and it's a pretty stupid thing to argue about, since people have died and come back to tell about it-and they ARE there.
Well, I'm crabbing-need to forgive!!!!
But I just want to tell you-I am also very glad for our friendship, Phylliso-we have been friends now for 5 years-can you believe that???! Someday we must meet-we don't live that far apart...

Plant some flowers on her grave this spring....
Love, Debra

jeanlivingsimple said...

The good news is that you provided Patches with a safe and loving home until her death. She was a lovely kitty. Hugs.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm catching up on your blog and am so sorry about the loss of your friends husband and Patches. What a special and touching gift the hearts were--And what a gift you were to Patches. You opened your heart and home to her and gave her a place where she was safe, warm, loved and cared about. You made a difference for her, and I hope you find comfort in that and in your memories of her.

Tammy said...

Patches knew that she was loved and cared for (at last) and when she died she did so peacefully, quietly in her sleep--in a warm,safe and loving home. A lovely end for a little green eyed kitty. I'm glad you stuck with her Phyllis-she needed you and you needed her, if for only a brief moment. Take care dear one, your load is so heavy right now. My prayers are with you.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

She was a very beatiful cat. It is always a big sorrow to lose a pet. At least you could give her a good home for her last years. Many wellwishing thoughts for you and your animals from Christina in Sweden