Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wild Bird Wed

This Wed I am sharing the hummingbird babies that are still here.I believe that their parents have already left. I spent yesterday afternoon outside picking peaches with my camera beside me. They are so curious, also appearing to look up to the sky as if they were searching for a sign as to when to go.

A female cardinal was feeding her baby, the baby looks great, but she looks a little frazzled.

The Carolina wren was molting too.

The photos may not load in order, but here`s my selection for Steward`s meme...go here to submit your photos http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au/
this could be a male,there`s a hint of red starting at his neck
poor mama
baby cardinal
give me a break!
 

wren
 
hummingbird lingered while I picked peaches
jewelweed & zinnias the hummingbirds love these
so curious I will miss them when they go
 

7 comments:

Debra said...

Oh Phylisso! These photos are amazing!!!! You have tamed those hummers! Next year I must grow zinnias again-I miss them. What are you doing with the peaches?

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

I love the hummingbirds! We don't have them here and I've never seen one in person.

JoJo said...

Great photos! I can't believe the hummingbird stayed still that long. I've never been able to get a shot of one. Maybe next year I'll finally get the feeder I've been saying I'm gonna get.

bailey-road.com said...

Love those sweet little hummers. That young cardinal looks old enough to feed himself.

Andrew Fulton said...

The Hummingbird is so lovely to see... and a bird I probably will never see in the wild.
Many thanks for sharing.

Aleta said...

Amazing photos! I love the hummers. We still have several here, mostly females. I think one is a young male; I see a spot of red when he stretches his neck. You have lots of peaches! I froze the peaches I brought back from Pennsylvania, after making a peach pie. Peaches grow delicious around there.

Judy said...

What awesome photos! I love the hummingbird shots. I haven't seen our hummers for some time now, so I wonder if they're gone for the year. Lovely flowers!