Monday, September 28, 2009

Coal Country





We took a drive on Fri.to above Harrisburg,Pa.with the truck & trailor to haul back coal for the winter.We usually just have it delivered,but dh wanted to see where it comes from & if we can haul it ourselves.It was about a 5 hour drive total.I hate to travel & started having some panic attacks,but just breathed in & out alot & played a game of making characters out of the beautiful clouds in my mind.The scenery was awesome even tho the trees have not changed color much.

4 comments:

Kindred Sisters said...

I think I've been on highway like that up in your part of the country, and yeah...panic attack bigtime! LOL! Last time I felt like that, hubby had taken me for a road trip up in the West Virginia mountains. iy-yi-yi!

~Mary~

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

The mountain roads are especially terrifying,I`m scared we`ll fall off the edge of the road,phylliso

Unknown said...

Oh, I would definitely look UP instead of DOWN on those roads.

That's one of the benefits of living in the midwest--it's flat.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Phyllis, I've not had a computer, but I'm on a borrowed one now and out visiting. :-) Mine should be back next week.

That is gorgeous scenery. I'm scared of mountain roads, too, and I would have been a bit anxious right along with you. Glad you made the trip successfully.

Loved the post below with all the shelties. I had the world's sweetest standard collie years ago, and my husband had one, too, growing up. I love shelties, too.

XO,

Sheila :-)