Saturday, October 10, 2009

My New Toys






Where have I been for over a week? Well,we got the goats sheared,finally,now I`m working on fleeces.I relented & gave in to buying a drum carder.I bought an Ashford Wild Carder,you can card fleece mixed with other things if you want such as ribbons,cotton,fabric,feathers....I love it so much,I don`t know why I didn`t get one years ago,well,I KNOW why,they are expensive & I thought I could do all the carding myself.Didn`t happen.Look at this lovely mohair waiting to be spun.Ringo`s badger color has some silver in it.I am going to make some all natural colored scarves & prayer shawls before it sees a dye pot.
My other toy is an ashford joy double treadle spinning wheel.My right foot was giving me some pain,so after reading many reviews I went with the joy.It came with a carry bag too & will be able to go on a plane if I ever choose to take it somewhere.I love it,it treadles so nicely.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Busy, busy. I can't wait to see everything you make from the wool.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

My house looks it too!!phylliso