Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Mom`s Kittens




My mom lost her cat in July,Mittens was 15 years old,she had gotten her at the shelter.The shelter wants $80 for just 1 kitten now,$70 for an adult cat.The prices are fine,given they are healthy & have had their shots & been spaded or neutered,but we could not find any.I called newspaper ads & searched,she didn`t want another cat till now,& when she says now,she means right away.So,I`ve been carrying a cat carrier with me in my car,hoping to see a sign where someone has free ones.
Well,yesterday when I went for my spinning wheel at The Mannings in East Berlin,I pulled my car up to the door & here were 4 kittens at the door standing.They were so young,so cute,I played with them awhile,then went in the store & asked if I could have 2.Everyone in the store waited to see what the answer would be,& I am sure after I left,there were none left.The woman was so nice whom I talked to & I told her I had a cat carrier along with me,have been carrying it in the car for some weeks now,& she & the others were laughing.It was a God sighting I believe.As soon as she tried them on canned food{she thought maybe they weren`t ready to leave yet}they gobbled it down & I paid for the wheel & some dye & left.The Mannings have a store you could spend all day in,but for that day I had to get the kitties home to my mom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are adorable. It looks like they found the perfect home.

What did she name them?

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

The gray & white one is Peggy,her brother will be Pat,Pat & Peg,phylliso